Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Sunday, August 30, 2009

ensalada

Friends, south of my mother's kitchen, this is as about as good as a salad gets...



Lettuce

Broccoli

Carrots

Cauliflower

Almond slivers

Sesame seeds

Sunflower seeds

Golden raisins

Ramen noodles

Oh and did I mention the alfalfa sprouts, a special find! I haven't eaten those in years, since we grew them on our laundry room window sill in Texas.

It's all topped off with my current favorite dressing, a simple combo of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, and honey.

YUM!


Now run, don't walk, to make yourself a SALAD! Your body will thank you. ;-)

2 comments:

Shonni said...

That does sound delicious!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I've been eating a lot of salad since coming "home" and I've been using balsamic vineagar but I also like the Apple Cider Vinegar.