Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Monday, August 31, 2009

change of address

Faithful readers of this blog might have noticed the "kid count" change above.

And you're right! There's been a little change. Well maybe slight for me, but certainly big for the special boy who will reap many blessings from it.


On Saturday, our six year old J. moved over from Casa de Amor II to Casa de Amor III.

The Alseth family brought him up in one of our regular meetings recently. It had never ocurred to us to move J. out, nor had I planned on sending the Alseths another (8th) child even though 4 year old M. left in adoption in June. But as I talked it over with staff and pleaded for God to lead me, I decided to accept their request. Unbeknownst to me, during that time the Alseths were already setting up a bed for him and meeting with their 11 children (4 biological and 7 Bolivian) to vote on if he should move in! You guessed it, the vote was unanimous...at least amongst those old enough to vote. =)

So from there, as we started the process of school transfers (he's in kindergarten, top of his class), I started taking him over when I could to spend some time and even the night with the people at CDA III. He had a blast, as you can see in the pictures below.


Playing with his new buddy M. (age 5)


I told M. to hug him and this is what happened...oops! (M. is happy, too!)


Boys will be boys... M. showing J. the ropes on using the tio's weights!


He's doing well and is one blessed boy to get to soak in the love of a family. He has struggled a lot with the disappearance of his father in his life and has shown that in some aggressive and acting out behaviors. Other than that, he's a WONDERFUL kid, my unforgettable birthday present in 2007.

We pray this is a very temporary arrangement (hey I can be hopeful, right?!) until some family is lucky blessed enough to adopt this artistic, smart, thoughtful, diligent, energetic kid!

And here I just have to put in a plug for families/couples: if you are reading this and are interested in working as the Alseth family does, taking abandoned children into your own home and family and lives, please write me for more information and an application.

2 comments:

I am the Clay said...

What a precious child! Praying for a forever family for this young boy! I wish that adoptions were open between the U.S. and Bolivia. Are most of your adoptive families from Canada and Europe?

We adopted 5 children from Guatemala, and along with our 5 bio blessings, we have a full house! What a joy!

God bless,
gloria

Anonymous said...

so cool he gets to spend time with a family.....i remember the day he came and he spent that first weekend with me cuz we were "parceling out" the kids....he was soooooo sweet!!! I would say he has a special place in my heart, but the more I think about it the more I think all of them do........