Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Thursday, August 20, 2009

THE sponsorship packets!!!

I would never have thought holding a sponsorship packet in my hand for one of my kids....




Or actually ALL of my kids...



...would be THIS exciting!!!

But it is. =)

The staff and kids have also had a blast looking at the packets, and the joy and pride on the older kids' faces when I translated some parts of the packets was so memorable:

"She's a great help to the caregivers"

"He's a great big brother to the little boys"

"She's a wonderful student at school"

Of course the younger ones just wanted to check out their picture.

So, at long last, the Casa de Amor Child Sponsorship Program is fully up and running! And since we are printing the packets ourselves, that means they will have the pictures that we like the most, the most up-to-date information, and (my favorite part) be error free!



Doing the final edit and now printing out/folding of several sets has been quite the project. When I told my sister Heather that for this reason alone it seems I have too many kids!! she laughed and was like "FINALLY you admit it!" (Not REALLY, I was just sayin'.)

Approximately half of our 41 children await their first sponsor. You can write Denise and/or download the sponsorship form at right if you want to know more!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, these are beautiful!! I love my sponsorship "packet" from several months ago, but I love how y'all included so much more information on each child. I can't even imagine the amount of work that was!!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Yea!!!

And Jennifer is right, about half the kids need sponsors and we would LOVE to have a sponsor for each kid by the end of the year - wouldn't that be a great Christmas present? A sponsor (or 2 or 3) for each kid!

I am the Clay said...

Jennifer,

How does one go about sponsoring a child? Our family would love to do something like this.Please let us know "how" that can be done.
Also, if we can get packets, perhaps I can hand them out at our church.

God bless,
gloria