Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bolivia driver's license, #3

Since the lawyer didn't call on Friday as promised, and I didn't have time to do anything with it yesterday, this morning I planned to call him. Before I even got to, he called me. (Yep, I was shocked!)

Neither of us was going to have time later or even tomorrow, so we planned to meet up immediately at the "main" police station for the background check.

While I waited for him, I ran into two other lawyers I work with and a friend from church.

I also remembered the time I went with some "friends" from the street (including a lady pregnant with a baby I put to bed tonight) to check on others being held in a cell there. That was on my birthday two years ago ~grin~

So with my lawyer, I got finger printed and signed. Seem odd to anyone but me that you need a lawyer for a background check?? I don't know if it's true or not, but this lawyer says that's the new deal.

Coming up Friday if we both have time: Interpol background check, yippee...

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

LOL the way things work (or don't work!) in Bolivia NEVER surprises me...

2 weeks...

Robin said...

All that for a DRIVER'S LICENSE?? I had to do that for an adoption but DL?? In Uganda we just pay some fees (after standing in a very very long line at the bank) and they basically give us a trade for the Texas driver's license.
Thanks for sharing that! Makes me thankful for how "easy" it was in Uganda :-)