Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Random Picture Challenge



This Saturday's Random Picture Challenge




2002
8th folder - July
25th picture




February 2002
Me enjoying time with a little girl in St. Petersburg, Russia



I just did a quick search and this is the only picture that came up on my computer for 2002 (I know there are more but many of those were scanned in later years).

Not surprising it would be a Russia picture! We first visited Bolivia in August of that year, but otherwise Russia dominated in my family and we were all there together by the end of that year.

Russia.....how I'd love to visit again!! It would be so interesting to study again the situation of children-at-risk with all the background that I have now. I knew next to nothing in those days of Russia trips, between 1999--2003. All I knew is I wanted to help, and it's really humbling to see how God took that desire and placed me where I am now! =)

5 comments:

Taylor said...

She looks like a little doll.

I am so glad there are people in the world like you!

Clair said...

this is the first time ive been to your blog and wow, what amazing work you do. I know it probably doesn't seem that way to you but you are one in a million (and all the people with you!)

debi9kids said...

OH how sweet.
I just love that you have dedicated your life to the orphans. Thank God for people like you!

jag said...

WOW! Thank you for commenting on my blog so I could find your wonderful journey! It gives me goosebumps to think that there are wonderful people like you out there! AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Eli's stroller is made by Exomotion, and it's called the JazzEasys.
I don't recommend it if your child needs lots of support. It doesn't have enough options for head and trunk support.
It "looks" great! And has served us well, but we don't use it very often. If we used it daily, it never would have been good enough.

A very popular adaptive stroller is the KidKart.

I hope you find something good for Beni! Blessings to you all! :)