Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Thursday, April 9, 2009

International Team Time

Once or twice a month we love getting together as the "international volunteer team" of Casa de Amor Children's Homes for a time of worship, prayer, sharing, talking...and of course eating!

I won't speak for the others, but I always have a great time. It's something different from our usual routine and "work" talk, relaxing (unless I'm in charge of music and the devotional), and gives me a chance to step back and "see the big picture". Especially when my family is not here, the volunteers quite naturally become my extended family and closest friends.




The other night our meeting included our volunteers from Idaho, Texas, Canada, New Zealand, California, etc. Oh and the sneak-in baby JJ from Bolivia! We passed the baby around one way and the guitar around the other way, ha! We have a talented bunch; almost everyone in the picture above plays guitar, and even the guys asked for their turn with the baby.

This time Nikki from NZ shared how it is that she and her daughter ended up here, in the middle of their 2009 trek around the world.

Without the hands to do this work, Casa de Amor could never exist.

We are blessed!

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

You should make Nikki type up her story b/c I'd love to hear it! And WOW didn't realize they were mother and daughter...I really thought they were sisters!

Adeye said...

Yes, you are so blessed. It is just so amazing how being obedient to what God calls you to do brings SUCH blessing. I am so thankful He surrounds you with people to hold up your arms and journey with you as you do the Fathers amazing work :)