Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

blogging trip


One of the most open, honest, raw, real, personal, passionate Christian mothers I have ever had the privilege of learning from, Angie at "Bring the Rain", is in India this week on a Compassion International blogging trip (how modern, no?).

Her posts have been nothing short of astounding. And for me, this is my world already--reaching children in need. In the midst of an extremely challenging week for me (more than anything, just trying to keep my head above water and not think WHAT have I gotten myself into!!!), her reflections during the inevitable ups and downs of the trip have been a great blessing and motivator for me. I haven't had the chance to read all the bloggers reports yet, but those that I have are also very impacting.

As I considered linking to their trip, it didn't seem to make much sense since we also seek sponsors of our children here in Bolivia. However, on second thought I decided that was incredibly selfish in the face of so much poverty and suffering in the world. In the end, it doesn't matter one bit to me which child is sponsored and touched by the Lord (and a new friend!).

And oh, I loved reading what Melissa Fitzpatrick (Beth Moore's daughter) said in her post today: yesterday was the highest day of child sponsorship EVER for a Compassion blogger trip!! Go, Compassion Team!!!

No comments: