Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Keepers



My sister Emma (now 11) is part of a group of mothers and daughters called "Keepers". Every couple of weeks they get together to sing songs, listen to a story about a missionary, and do a craft.



While I was there in Tennessee, I was invited to speak about Bolivia and Casa de Amor as a "live" missionary presentation. It was fun!


Then their craft for this evening was beading wire to wrap around crosses - gifts for the staff!



What concentration!



My sister Emma informed me she was making Tia Silvia's cross, no exceptions (the Baby Home cook, ha!)


Afterwards, the girls had another surprise.



Hand decorated bags for all of the kids at CDA II and a few of the girls at CDA I & III!


Then came the fun of handing everything out in Bolivia...





There were enough crosses to give one to each volunteer, too.

And then the bags... So practical for outings, storing their things, going to church, etc.!







Thank you mothers and daughters, for all of your hard work to bless the Hogares de Amor!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's so neat! If it's the group I'm thinking of, then I was a part of a "Keepers" group when I was just a little bit younger than Emma. (I'm guessing it's the same thing). I still have really fond memories of the crafts and fellowship from those meetings!!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Super, super cute!!!! I LOVE the bags! Every girl loves to have a cute bag to carry things around in!

They all look so cute and happy...I miss them...