Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

prayer day update

So I said I had to take a posting break for a while, but after working night and day for way too long now, I'm going to take a moment to share some of the special memories and pictures we made today!

First of all, thanks so much to all who prayed and even posted about our prayer day today! Several told me that they were joining in, including my Mom and her friends who got together early this morning to start the day in prayer and then fasted.

Brownie points also to Elizabeth in Scotland who gave up eating her homemade uh, brownies, to fast with us, her "crazy weird noisy family" to use her words (wasn't sure if I should be offended?).

In the afternoon, we had a sweet hour of prayer time in the playroom with 4 caregivers, 4 of us support staff, and 4 sleeping toddlers/babies. I was so touched to listen to the heartfelt prayers and cries to the Lord on behalf of our children, often with tears. How they have caught the vision! How we love each child and desire a family for each one!

Soon afterwards, the pastor of our kids church arrived along with three others to join with us and bless the ministry, children, and staff.

Praying through the main rooms of the house:





And dedicating each child to the Lord (most of the kids in the other homes have been with us long enough to have been dedicated, so we focused on the 20+ in the Baby Home today):











A very precious day of spiritual strengthening!

We even got the terrific news this morning that one of our almost-4-year-olds has been assigned a family! But precisely pointing back to the reasons we're praying, one of the lawyers in child social services is opposing the assignment because she believes that more children should go to national families than international. It's a belief we share, but the judge has made a decision and if one party opposes it, it immediately means that C. is stuck waiting indefinitely.

Keep praying!!

3 comments:

jag said...

With you in prayer.

Mama in Uganda said...

Oh how excited I was when I saw you left a comment on my blog--because I had lost your link info. I do believe it was God's perfect timing as I have felt (and heard) quite a bit of discouragement as we seek to become a family to the lonely children of Uganda (Psalm 68). I look forward to being "in touch" again. Hugs from mama in Uganda.

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Oh man...and C needs a home...so bad! I mean I know they all do...but yeah...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.