Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Saturday, October 17, 2009

In the US of A!

After quite the trip...

From mountainous Bolivia (and low land Santa Cruz - no pic)...




...to fashionable, cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, Argentina (awesome city!!)...






...to laid-back Montevideo...



...and beach front Colonia, Uruguay....




I'm now with my {cookie store owner} family, yeah!!



Oh, and did I mention going from three countries joyously celebrating spring (and even Mother's Day in Argentina) to cold, brisk FALL weather?!

It's been a whirlwind, all this within 4 days and 4 nights! I wouldn't recommend it to the faint of heart (or the weak of body - my feet are still recovering and it will take a while to get caught up on sleep), but the five passport stamps in a SINGLE DAY was totally worth it!! So much fun! And too many exclamation points in this post, but I felt SO blessed to be able to have that trip and finally take care of some of my curiosity about other Latin American countries.



Ever since first reading about Montevideo in a travel magazine years ago (12?) I've wanted to learn more. Finally, even though I only had two hours to explore the downtown before a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Colonia, I've been to this rarely heard of little country!

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Oooo I'm so jealous about all the passport stamps. I think it is definitely absolutely necessary that I spend some time in Buenos Aires after my next Bolivia summer :)

I am the Clay said...

Jennifer,
I am so glad you were able to enjoy beautiful argentina and uruguay! I love, love latin america.. and miss it terribly. I spent 18 mos in Argentina. I was at that time , serving a mission for the Mormon church ( before I was saved!) . I love my time there, the people wonderful, the food fantastic.....

I am also glad to hear you will be enjoying some rest back in Tenn. with your family.

Soak it all in,

Gloria