Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

specific prayer needs

Interuppting our regularly scheduled programming....

My heart is weighed down with many prayer requests that I think need to be shared so that we can bear them TOGETHER. Thank you!

To start off, a huge praise: about an hour ago, I got two emails within 4 minutes of each other letting me know of large donations on the way! What very timely donations - thanks to everyone! God provides!


Foster Families
Two weeks ago we had our last meeting in social services regarding signing on our Foster Family program, the first of it's kind in Cochabamba and possibly Bolivia. However we were told to come back today, and now tomorrow... Please pray that the meeting DOES take place tomorrow at 10am and that the results are favorable.

Update Sept. 9: Today we quickly saw through their scheme of having us come back today. As of today, two of the primary lawyers we've been working with (and convincing) to start our foster family program have been moved to different positions! That means that brand new people are at their desks today who know ZERO about us or what we are trying to accomplish. Can anyone say yell FRUSTRATING??? We were told to come back in a week. I would be pulling my hair out (what's left anyway) except that the new lady we met today actually seems reasonable and much more pro-family than the former. What to do but keep praying and persevering?!


Casa de Amor II
This week we are making big decisions regarding exciting changes CDA II. Please pray for us to have time as an administrative/legal/accounting team to discuss various options and also for much WISDOM. I just spent my morning at this house and I love those kids so much. Most of them have lived with us since they were babies. We just want the best for them no matter how challenging it is.

The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:17


Casa de Amor III
The Alseths need financial provision!! Part of the donations I just learned of are for them which is GREAT news, but they have two big deadlines this week and it is still not completely covered.



"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me, declares the Lord." (Jeremiah 22:16)

"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." (Proverbs 19:17)

"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing." (Prov. 28:27)



Baby Home
Yesterday morning at 3:45am, the two night caregivers woke me because they were concerned about A., one of the new twins. For sure, only my sleepiness saved me from panic as this is the first time the tias have woken me since the morning we lost baby Joel.

A. had woken up at 3am and they thought his breathing was too labored, but he looked normal/normal temperature to me and they promised to wake me again if something changed for the worse. He has always been more sickly than his brother but we've made changes to his diet, given him extra supplements, etc., and he seems to be doing better but is still the first to get sick.

That morning when Rosa and Maria came in (CDA office staff), both were concerned about the babies and particularly A. because of dreams they had had the previous night. This is not the first time that Maria has felt some sort of spiritual battle over A.'s life. Now, we all realize we could just be paranoid since we've already lost a twin this year, but I don't want to take their perceptions lightly since they are very tuned into the Holy Spirit, as proven in the past.



"With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.” Psalm 91:16


Personal
If I may be so bold as to add a personal request or two here... Now that I have my tickets purchased for my big furlough (an unprecedented 2 1/2 months back in the US of A!), my mind wanders there ridiculously often! I WANT to stay focused on the work here till the last moment and they NEED me to be here, mind, body, and spirit. There will be plenty of family and fun time when I go, but it's still over a month away and I have more to do than ever to prepare.

I also feel a need like never before to be as "fit" personally as possible as I lead this ministry and all those involved: keeping my things organized so they're not a distraction, planning ahead, eating for maximum health, exercising, letting the Lord fill me, etc. I need abundant grace and wisdom, pressed down and overflowing!!


"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." (Jeremiah 33:2-3, The Message)

"And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." (Psalm 9:10)


Thank you so much for lifting us up!!

5 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Oh no!!! You MUST keep me updated about little A...I have one of the pics of the 4 twins up on my computer and miss them so much...

I'm glad you shared...it's always better to deal with big things together than alone!

Denise :)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Thinking and praying for you!

Molly Phillips said...

Hey hows baby a? I miss him so much and think about him alot!! please keep me updated!!!

Anders Branderud said...

Great that the babies got rescued and get physical and emotional care from you!

I want to reccommend you a very interesting website about first century Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah)

All the best,
From Anders

Anonymous said...

Will definitely be praying even more....for all of you!