Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I have a CAR!!!

Yippee, I finally own a car in Bolivia!! In June, three years and eleven months to the day of moving here, I came to the decision that it was finally non-optional. Having three homes strung out pushed me over the edge. I was spending a small fortune in taxis for the days when I had no time for walking/buses (almost always) or was with babies and/or small children (more and more frequently these days) or a lot of stuff, and that still isn't the most efficient mode of transportation.

So Last Monday night one of my prayer requests to our ladies Bible study group was to find a car soon. Exactly the day after, I was walking and walking downtown (thanks to blockades) to a hearing aid fitting for baby Benito, and we stumbled upon this car for sale! I talked to the owner right then and there, and two days later my Dad took it and other options into the mechanic with this one easily coming out the winner. It also got thumbs up approval from kids and tias alike! I've already had anywhere from 2 to 8 babies/kids in it at once (don't worry--the 8 kids was just to give a spin around the block!). We are blessed! :-)

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Thats so exciting Jen! It will sure come in handy. I can not believe how big the little girls in the front seat have become!

K

PS: On my blog you can hear Brooke Fraser's song arithmetic :)

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Oh yea! That's wonderful news! I bet the kiddos are sooooo excited that Tia Jennifer has her own "auto"! And I am thankful because I know it will save you a lot of time!

Anonymous said...

You really look like a mom now....driving a mini van and all! I'm sure it'll come in handy.....just stay away from the other crazy drivers!

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

Haha...thanks, Amber. Actually the type of car as listed on the papers is vagoneta (station wagon)?!

The kids are still besides themselves with joy, even 3 year old Rudy. This morning all I heard the first hour from my room and then the office was him constantly announcing to anyone or no one "la tia Jenny tiene un AUUUTO!!!" Only Luz Clarita (14 months) has protested so far; guess she's too grown up for the baby seat. ;-)

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Haha I can just hear Rudy saying that! Though I still can't believe he's only 3...he's so big! Man I miss those kiddos!