Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Happy Bolivian Independence Day

On August 6, 1825 Bolivian gained its independence from Spain.  Today celebrates the country's 190th anniversary and it is quite a celebration down here!  All week there have been stands on many corners selling Bolivian flags and other items with Bolivian colors.  Many of the public transportation vehicles have been decorated and houses even have flags hanging on them.
Yesterday all of the kids were out of school because many of them were marching in parades.  They do this a couple of times a year and it is quite a sight!  I don't think I have ever seen so many people in one place in my life!  It reminded me of New Year's Eve in Times Square!  I was at one of the biggest parades downtown with J and one of the Bolivian staff.  It was an adventure I won't soon forget!  

Here are a couple of pictures of J walking in the parade. 


J with Tia Sarin after the parade!
One of our oldest boys, E,  also got to march in a parade yesterday.  Unfortunately because of the timing, I wasn't able to get there to take any pictures of him.  He got to carry a flag in the parade because he is one of the best students in his class!!  I was so disappointed that I couldn't get there to take any pictures.  I'm sure he looked so handsome marching in his uniform and proudly carrying the Bolivian flag!  We are all very proud of him and how well he is doing in school!

Happy Independence Day from Bolivia!!!!!

No comments: