Current Child Count

  • HOGAR DE AMOR I: 11 babies
  • HOGAR DE AMOR II: 6 boys
  • HOGAR DE AMOR III: 8 girls

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Morning and Evening

A reasonable person might take a blogging break after a hard loss. But no, not me. Living here and doing this....well, writing has always helped me to process and work through things.

I’ve been thinking about this family lately at the blog We Love You Joel, dedicated to the young Joel they lost (one of twins).

Today when I checked the blog for the first time in several weeks, I was astounded at how fitting the mother's most recent post was, from a devotional by Charles Spurgeon.

Here’s a bit:

What our heavenly Father ordains is wise and good. What, then, my soul, is it best for thee to do? Learn first to be content with this divine order, and be willing, with Job to receive evil from the hand of the Lord as well as good….

Praise the Lord for the sun of joy when it rises, and for the gloom of evening as it falls. There is beauty both in sunrise and sunset, sing of it, and glorify the Lord. Like the nightingale, pour forth thy notes at all hours.

Believe that the night is as useful as the day. The dews of grace fall heavily in the night of sorrow. The stars of promise shine forth gloriously amid the darkness of grief. Continue thy service under all changes. Every hour has its duty.

Isn't that beautiful? Reminds me of another favorite piece, "A Song At Midnight".

I don't know what I'd do without the hope we have in our Heavenly Father. We can KNOW that even when all is dark and confusing, HE makes sense of it all. He brings purpose into everything. No tear falls without His knowledge. If not a single sparrow falls without His consent and if we are worth more than many sparrows, how much more does He carefully consider the "fall" of a little one?

Grant us the grace to trust You, to rest in Your plan, as we die to the dreams we had for Joel. Your plans are to work a far greater purpose than we could ever imagine.




A fun picture of baby Joel, taken on May 26 by the newest volunteers


I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

No comments: